My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

8/11/2007

Going Under the Hill

Here's the first rough sketch of my next fairy tale project. This one will be a montage of a few key moments from one of those stories by Holly Black. Just for fun...and probably will be a part of the set of fairy tale illustrations I'm doing this year to help update my portfolio.

I started out with the roughest of scribbles to lay out bits (er, main characters and sets) in my little black sketchbook that I want to be in the final illustration. At this point in this particular sketch, I've also begun tightening up the face of the main character in the sketch, and fixing her proportions (lower body doesn't yet match the upper). However, I'm still doing some manipulating of the layout which means some other character sketches, too (I'll post them tomorrow night or Monday); and I'll be doing some fun little Photoshop rearranging of all the bits before going to a final tight drawing (yup, I still love doing pencil work). And then finally, painting digitally a la Photoshop and Painter.


All of this and the TD illustration, and apartment packing, too. Still moving in a couple of weeks. Somewhere.

No comments: