My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

11/01/2008

International Self-Portrait Day

It's International Self-Portrait Day over on the ConceptArt forums. Above was my quick contribution for this year. Yeah, no pink in the hair. For now. Posted the initial pencil sketch below, which was colored in PS7 as usual and posted above. Hmm...about an hour coloring.

In other news...keeping rather busy with freelance. Lots of creative juggling.


2 comments:

tlchang said...

That's a beautiful sketch.

Pink? Really?

Tanja said...

Thanks! :)

Pink hair, you betcha. Although I usually only put in a few streaks in underneath (like in the "about me" illo) or around the bangs and bits at the front. Only once did I do the whole bit for fun in '06. In any case, it usually makes me smile when I see it in the mirror, so a good reason to keep coloring, heh.

Here's link to that occasion:
http://tygriffin.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_archive.html