My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

6/20/2009

Artist in Retreat

I moved at the end of May to a location that I am currently calling my "Artist's Retreat", and that is where I settled in as of June 1st. Everything is still very green. I'm also surrounded by trees of all sorts, mostly pine and oak with a scattering of dogwood. The new environment is already being reflected in the art that I'm doing. The digitally colored illustration I posted above was inspired by the little tree-covered court in front of my new home; and includes a glimpse of one of the white-tailed deer that I see now and then in the late afternoon, early evening. The original blue pencil sketch that I did in my little black sketchbook is posted below.

No comments: