My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

8/12/2010

More Dragons -- The Sentries


Here's a small version of the rather larger
detailed sketch I was just starting to scan the other day. It's from the same "world" as the "Artegal Portrait" I had posted previously; both were inspired from the YA novel "Voices of Dragons" by Carrie Vaughn.

Still have a bit of cleanup to do, and most likely some cutting and pasting as well before I call the layout final and proceed to color. This one will be rather fun to paint, too; based on the descriptions from the book -- one bright green, one red and one somewhat brown dragon about to launch off a cliff somewhere in Montana...or something like that. Hopefully I'll have some time to work on it over the weekend, but I do have some other items to revisit first before I get back to finishing this one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice sketch! For some reason I'd love to see this as a "landscape" format image. A quick google images search turns up a wealth of striking Montana vistas, I would borrow from a few of them! =)

PS "Voices of Dragons" is now on my reading list ;)

Tanja said...

Great minds think alike! ;)