My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

12/21/2006

Almost Christmas!


I finally finished putting up the last Christmas decorations today and expect my mom to be here sometime tomorrow afternoon. The tree was put up first a couple of weeks ago on the weekend I finally started really getting over that horrible cold. Of course, it's not a real tree in my wee apartment, although I do prefer real over artifical - something special and so Christmas-y about the smell of a lovely decorated Douglas or Frasier Fir. Another something I'd like to do once I finally have my own house....and without four flights up to get to my place. The cats, however, are very happy with their new blanket, er, the tree skirt. Usually there's a cat each left and right resting under the tree - like two little gifts on the red material. I'm sure I'll have pictures of that to post later. Unfortunately, my cat Mina likes to eat the ribbon and bows that make Christmas presents so pretty...so it will only be the cats resting under the tree - the presents will have to stay in the closet till Christmas morning. :)

No comments: