My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

12/13/2006

Wounded Beggar


A quick sketch for one of those weekly challenges that forces me to come up with some character(s) and scenes that aren't for some holiday or other - so, definitely a nice change of pace from the daily grind. :) Spent about 45 minutes drawing while I was watching the evening news before bedtime yesterday (the deadline was midnight Tuesday evening).

Yup, as usual with my "rapid" sketches, I already see some rather obvious things that need to be fixed - like the right arm - eek! I was exploring positioning for a somewhat forced perspective layout. That's what I say, and I'll stand by that. For now. We'll see what else I come up with over the weekend...once I finally get my Christmas cards sent out - d'oh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very dramatic angle on this sketch. I love sketch challenges that get me to draw stuff I don't usually :)

Hope you have a good Christmas holiday!

Tanja said...

Yes, and so I've seen on your most excellent blog! Your work has definitely inspired me. :) Merry Christmas to you, too!