My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

4/08/2007

It's Spring?

It snowed early this weekend. But it's April...and today is Easter. From what I've been hearing in the news, just last year it was close to 90 degrees on this day. The latest snow that I can recall since I've lived in Texas was March 28th. So I figured it was safe to plant some new flowers (for pretty) and herbs (for cooking) in my patio boxes - and, of course, I had to bring them all in for the weekend so they wouldn't freeze. That's Texas for you, I guess.

Happy Easter!

And check out this funny little bunny video to celebrate those sinful little bunnies of Easter past...as I vaguely recall from one of my old art history lectures at university, bunnies in early christian religious art were symbols to represent the "sin of lust" possibly to challenge the old pagan fertility association. What fun!

Have some more freelance illustration going on for the next few days (wee), but as I wait to get approvals on my concepts I keep on with my own work as much as possible. I'll post some of the work in progress from that in the next few days.

2 comments:

Marco Bucci said...

snowed here too! Nice drawing, I like that soft texture of the fur.

Tanja said...

Thanks! Hey, you're way up in the frozen north of Canada, eh? I'd expect it to still be snowing up there...least till June. :)