My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

3/08/2009

Character Design Concepts

One of my updated portfolio sections is for character design concepts. I've been pulling together various concepts that I've worked on for CHOW over on conceptart.org, even if I didn't have time to participate due to other projects. There's always a nice variation of character topics to be get inspired from in the community activities over on CA. I'm also adding characters from some of the concepts developed for picture books or other stories to show a good range of my character art development.

In any case, I'll be including a selection of initial sketches and turnarounds of various characters that I post, and then the final color concepts in that section of the Concept Art portfolio category. Much like what's included for a character sheet when developing characters from a comic book script. Which reminds me...back to work!

2 comments:

Yuka said...

Beautiful drawing of a clothed character. I love the expression and the gesture, as well as the costume.

Tanja said...

Hi Yuka -- thanks for your comments! I'll be posting a color version of this character soon as well. :)