My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

3/09/2009

Gorgon: coloring in progress


Here is an update to one of the sketches that I originally did for a conceptart CHOW topic a few months ago (see, I told you there was opportunity for inspiration). Medusa, in case you can't tell. At this stage, I'd just erased her mouth in order to fix it a bit as I thought her upper lip was too short. I'm in the process of finalizing it so this is definitely an early "progress" image. It's also been posted in my CA sketchbook to hopefully get some feedback. :)

3 comments:

tera said...

Was checking out who else likes Sheri Tepper and found your blog. Just had to tell you how terrific I think your art is!
Glad I found you... :)

Tanja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanja said...

Hi Tzajack -- Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate your very kind comment! *blush*

Yup -- I really enjoy Ms. Tepper's writing; and one day I'd love to illustrate some covers or maybe even adapt a few into graphic novels...that would be totally fun. Hmm...maybe do "Grass" or "The Visitor", or even "The Companions". I actually just finally read her "True Game" collection a few weeks ago.

BTW, I should be posting some more fantasy art samples, also "in progress", later this week before the ConceptArt Workshop. Or at least that's the plan!