My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

6/16/2005

New Developments

Some interesting news that I read today on CGTalk, one of the forums I visit at least once daily, and Yahoo News...

Evidently Walt Disney Feature Animation is doing some major recruiting. I also happened to catch a mention of that earlier this week through a letter sent to one of the colleges up in Toronto (amazing the things you can run across when you do some random surfing, heh).

Hmm...maybe that's why one of my former instructors at
AID (Pashley, my figure drawing professor) was suggesting I send out some samples to Disney. Hmmm...

Other Possibilities
I may have the opportunity to get involved in a small 3D medical animation project. No pay, but I'll have the chance to learn and hopefully gain some practical production experience. And keep my day job. Don't know what the schedule will be like, but I'm sure it will be crazy. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Animation Short Progress
I've scanned the artwork that SJ left with me from our last meeting. I need to be able to reference it as I further develop concepts for our sets. We're also using the overviews to plan camera placement, so when I clean-up the storyboards I've already created they'll be more accurate. And if there are any potential issues, we can get that cleared up early.

SJ also planned to spend a bit of time sketching her ideas for the storyboards. If she has time while she's out of town. Heh, I know how that goes. In any case, our next meeting isn't scheduled for a few weeks in part because of her trip, but also because we wanted to get some additional work completed before our next meeting. I also want to post my boards on our project website and get some additional feedback before we do any finalizing of any of the storyboards.

This weekend I'm planning on reviewing the Gnomon Maquette DVD's that Joey lent me. I want to do some maquettes of a few of our characters, and get the first one started this weekend. Maquettes have really helped me quite a bit on other projects when I was doing character turns and storyboard artwork, so I thought it would be helpful in this case as well. Should be fun! I'm looking forward to working with Sculpey again.

OK...enough with the blog. I need to do some more work on my catalog project for "da company". Ashley saved me some files so I can do some testing tonight at home. Think I need to do some more research on this application, too...I know I'm not yet pushing it to do all it could be for us.

No comments: