My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

7/20/2005

Got My Shot

So, I'm back from the 2005 San Diego International Comic Convention. Wow. What a fabulously cool event!! My first visit, and I'm already looking forward to next year. For a variety of reasons.

heh.

Didn't get to do everything I'd hoped for, but I did a heck of alot. For example, I got to see a "private" screening of the upcoming movie, Serenity, by
Joss Whedon...even got to meet him and get his autograph. heehee!! Why not! :D I'm not a "browncoat", in fact I haven't even seen a single episode of the Firefly series, but I have to say I really enjoyed the movie and I'm looking forward to seeing it again come September. The trailer I've seen for it didn't do it justice. And now I seriously plan to watch the DVD's of the series to see how it all got started.

Meanwhile, I'm still organizing my notes and playing with my new toys, but I'll be posting more pictures and some of the notes I took in the next few days (or at least sometime this weekend). I'm surprised at how easy it was to access some of the artists and writers I was interested in meeting at the comic-con, but that was a total benefit! Unfortunately, I didn't get the autograph from Bruce Campbell for Theron (it was the only thing he really wanted)...but, standing in line for 2 hours or more just to get his signature is NOT my thing. Too much cool stuff going on that I would've missed.

I did manage to talk to Scholastic about my graphic novel and they're interested, so that's extremely cool. Now I just need to finish the line art and coloring for the 2 chapters along with my outlines for the remaining chapters and then we'll see how it goes. Kinda scary, but it's one of those things that I've been wanting to get done for awhile.

I did bring some art samples with me but after seeing the long lines of newbies waiting to get a review, I figured it would be a better idea to do an individual planned submission instead for a studio role as visual development artist. Personalized to the studio and professionally creative. :) No...I'm definitely not giving up on that dream!!

OK...my pies are calling me. We're doing a Thanksgiving in July for lunch tomorrow with the art and sound departments. I decided to bake a couple of pumpkin pies, one with cheesecake and pralines, too. Yummy!

Oh, and my pink hair is fading. More like the coppery reddish tone I think I originally wanted. Hmm....maybe I'll add some more pink this weekend. ;)

No comments: