My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

9/10/2006

Enough Already!

OK...out with the sad and angry comments. They are forthwith banished! Must think positive about the future (health AND career) and do fun and interesting artwork and activities. And, on that note...

Four out of Five stars from me for
The Illusionist! Sweet story about an illusionist/magician and his long search for something to give his life meaning. Or at least, that's my interpretation. Lovely score, too, by composer Philip Glass. No worries - I did NOT fall in love with the police captain as played by Paul Giamatti. His eyes just were not the same as Cleveland Heeps. I know, that doesn't really make any sense unless 1) you've read my earlier comments about that other role of his, and 2) another personal reason which I'm not going into any more detail about. :)

Interestingly enough, I also just happened to catch this BBC series about a magician's assistant,
Jonathan Creek, helping to solve a murder mystery late Friday night just before I went to sleep...kept me awake watching the whole two hours. Looking forward to catching more episodes of this series!

Also, seeing both of these shows now has me all curious about magic tricks and
sleight of hand...could do some fun research on that. Plus, another upcoming magician's movie that my friend told me about reminded me about a favorite magic story, Shadowlands, by Peter Straub. I'm thinking it's time for a revisit.

No comments: