My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

2/02/2009

Extra-curricular for the Week

Here are a couple of preliminary sketch explorations for this week's creative extra-curricular activity: CHOW 146 -- Queen Titania.

Having a bit of buggy-ness with the revised code in my website update...hope to have that fixed in the next few days while I continue to work on a few other items on my studio "to-do" list.

1 comment:

tlchang said...

Elvish/fairy costume - always fun!

RJW talked a bit about egg tempura - mostly how he liked that he could go back and scrape detailing and texture out of it after it had dried (his earlier books especially are full of Xacto-blade texturing). He switched to egg tempura about halfway through his "Tom Thumb" (the first half is in watercolor - but he painted with it the exact same way, so the only difference you can see in technique is the scraping).

Now, it sounds like he paints mainly in acrylic. Egg Tempura - fun but hugely time consuming. :-)