My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

10/29/2006

Haunted Pet Parade WIP

Pet Cemetery was one of the creepiest, chilling, horrific, freaky...well, I can go on and on with the adjectives; but if you've read it, you may understand what I mean. Particularly if you had any family pets that you've lost in the past and then read the book all in one sitting on Christmas night. At least, that's the main reason why that story disturbed me and later gave me a few nightmares.

Could only read it once, silly me.

In any case, what with it being just about Halloween now, and then me dreaming lately about some former beloved pets of mine...I decided to paint a little personal project I'm calling my "Haunted Pet Parade". Yup, these were my little pet friends from way back...to not too long ago. A few of them had fairly long and happy lives before they died peacefully. Others were only around for far too short a time before they died tragically - lingering illness, euthanized, eaten, hit by car, shot by dad, or beaten to death by their next owner. :(

I miss them all.

So. This is the beginning of a rough sketch to help me figure out the composition, layout and so on. It was time to post some more of "my work in progress". Nope, not all of the characters have as of yet been included. Scary, isn't it.

2 comments:

sarah said...

Very interesting and Halloween appropriate :) I can't wait to see the the painting!

Tanja said...

I have been working on it some more...in my head. I just need to get the rest of it actually sketched out on paper. Probably will work on that after "Lost" tomorrow night. :) I figure I'll do most of the painting on it over the weekend.