My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

8/14/2006

Belly Dancing

The hookah for the previous post reminded me of this farewell party I attended over in San Francisco with my project team. Yup, there were belly dancers, and I even got to do a turn on the floor with the ladies. Well, I was one of the people that was leaving, heh. But only after quaffing the many appropriate good luck and farewell toasts, of course! Even though I was wearing a dress I had none of their hip coordination, I'm sure. I'm quite happy to say that I don't have any photos of that bit of hilarity. The fond memories I have are probably much better in any case. ;) I still remember the Buddha Bar we all went to afterwards. Lots of fun!

So, just a quick sketch for tonight of a late night belly dancer memory. I'll need to fix it quite a bit, especially the shoulders and arms, if/when I decide to color it.

No comments: