My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

6/02/2006

Animal Anatomy for Artists

I love getting a new book! Today I got a really good one that I'd ordered from Amazon: Animal Anatomy for Artists by Eliot Goldfinger. I do have other anatomy reference books that I appreciate, but what makes this new one (well, new for me) stand out is the examples of Proportions as well as the Variety of animals shown and examples of Axes and Volume with skeletal flex and reflex. Not only is this book a good reference for drawing studies or variations of animal or creature poses, the examples provided are also excellent references for sculpting...which is actually the reason I ordered the book.

I give this book 5 Stars! :)

No comments: