My Work in Progress

A sketchblog where I post a few of my scribbles from a variety of works-in-progress, usually from my rather random personal creativity outside of the daily grind. I occasionally, but not always, post the final artwork.

6/30/2006

Feeling Blue

Actually, I usually sketch on sheets of laser computer print paper with a blue pencil at work. The paper has a better grab for the pencil than the marker sketch pads that a couple of the artists use...and I happen to like the feel and results I get with this technique rather than going right to marker or ink. At home, like in the above sketch, I'll usually do one of my evening sketches in one of my Strathmore Medium Drawing pads. Sometimes with the Prismacolor Col-erase dark blue pencil, sometimes with the 2H pencil for detailed scribbling. Ah, sketchpads - I have several in various states of being all over my apartment. :)

No comments: