This is some artwork I created for a student animation short I did a few years ago. The assignment was to create a small animation and then complete the composition in Combustion. It was a fun project and I really enjoyed working with the software to make my little story come to life.
Well, I decided to revisit the project (I liked the idea that much) and flesh it out a bit more. So, for the last week, I've been polishing the storyboard and updating the character designs and the overall visual development. I needed to add some fresh work to my portfolio and this little project seemed like a nice one to add.
All of the elements were sketched out first on cold press paper and then colored with watercolors. Then I scanned the images and did a wee bit of manipulation in Photoshop. All of the elements - trees, house, moon, some clouds, and other building elements you don't see here; were pulled into Combustion as individual pieces so that when the camera moved around the scene, the effect was quite dimensional. In a way like the multi-plane camera effect used in the old Disney animation. But only in a small way, heh.
I'll post some of the other artwork related to that at another time. ;)